Universities of Rhineland-Palatine choose Seafile as their file syncing and sharing platform
Nov. 13, 2014, 1:31 p.m.
Universities of Rhineland-Palatine (Germany) choose Seafile as their file syncing and sharing platform! The project will begin in Jan 2015.
Seafile 3.1 is ready
Aug. 6, 2014, 10:08 a.m.
The most notable improvements in this new version is a redesigned syncing protocol. With this improvement, you can easily sync 10k+ files in a library. In the old version, a lot of disk scans were need to sync a library. These disk scans are all removed. In the old version, a huge local cache was needed and the cache was only deleted when restarting the client. In the new version, a small cache is enough.
Other improvements include:
* Enable deleting of personal messages
* Improved notification
* Upgrade pdf.js
* Password protection for sharing links
* [Admin] Create multi-users by uploading a CSV file
* Sort libraries by name/date
* Enable users to put an additional message when sending a sharing link
For the complete description on new features please visit: https://seacloud.cc/group/3/wiki/whats-new-in-the-next-version-3-1/
Seafile 3.0 is ready
April 23, 2014, 10:19 a.m.
We have two notable improvements in this new version:
1. Redesigned web UI, more elegant and looks much better
2. Improved storage model to make Seafile scalable and fast
For the complete description on new features please visit: https://seacloud.cc/group/3/wiki/whats-new-in-the-next-version-3-0/
Seafile 3.0.0 beta is ready for testing
March 28, 2014, 4:07 p.m.
This version includes a redesigned Web UI as well as fixing fundamental design flaws in the storage model. You can download the beta version from the download page. For more information, please check https://seacloud.cc/group/3/wiki/notice-on-version-3-0-0/
Seafile 2.1.5 is ready
Feb. 24, 2014, 10:02 a.m.
We have two main improvements in this version:
1. Return files' last modification time via WevDAV interface. Now on mobile platform, Apps like FolderSync or GoodReader can be used to sync files with Seafile.
2. Set correct file mode bit after uploading a file from web. This fix avoids generating of conflicts for files with same contents.
For the complete change log, see https://seacloud.cc/group/3/wiki/server-changelog/